Wrapping Up the Holidays 2022
It’s not too late to help local children who need help this Christmas! Donate to our Wrapping Up the Holidays fund drive online here or click link to adopt-a-family! Thank you to O Bee Credit Union for matching $2500 in donations!
Ideas for gifts:
- Children’s toys and games, preferably new and unwrapped.
- Art supplies, including crayons, pencils, play-doh, and drawing pads.
- Infant clothing, new or gently used. Warm baby clothing for the winter is especially needed.
- Disposable diapers are a great donation, as are gift certificates.
- Books of all types, maybe a movie pass or a gift card for a game store! Teens particularly often are ignored when families are in severe need. Many teens from low-income families are working, not for “mall money,” but to help buy food and pay rent for their families!
- Bicycles, in almost any condition. Many of the agencies involved have volunteers who can do repairs, and just about every kid dreams of finding a bike under the tree!
- Coats and jackets, gloves, hats, and scarves, in new or excellent used condition. All sizes are needed from infant to adult. (Many older kids wear adult sizes and moms and dads need warm things too!)
- Gift certificates for grocery items. Most stores will let you specify food items only, if you wish.
Donate Funds or Adopt a Family
Make a secure PayPal donation right now! Just get out your credit or debit card and push the Donate button! You can also adopt a specific family for the holidays. Call 360-943-9937 for how to adopt-a-family.
Where does the money go? We work with the Holiday Connection, a coalition of local social service agencies. The overhead for this drive is borne by the station; 100% of the money collected goes directly to families in our area (minus transaction fees). All the groups involved pledge to use 100% of the donations to meet the needs of their client families.
Checks can me made out to “KXXO Mixx 96.1 Community Fund” or to any of the specific agencies listed below.
RECIPIENT AGENCY INFORMATION
The Holiday Connection is a coalition of local service agencies who direct the holiday needs of their clients to a clearing center that tries to match donor and recipients. The Holiday Connection funnels donations from our drive and other sources to families with last-minute emergency needs including children and elders not adopted by giving trees or other organizations. The Holiday Connection also strives to work with families in need to match them with appropriate agencies if there are other family needs such as energy assistance, job training, housing, etc. 100% goes to families in need (minus transaction fees).
These local agencies are:
Call us if you have any additional questions! KXXO Mixx 96.1, 360-943-9937