janThurston County Flood ReliefGIVE OR GET HELP!

Event Details

It is in times of need that we discover the full impact of a community united. United Way of Thurston County (UWTC) has mobilized the caring power of people in Thurston County by activating its Emergency Assistance Fund, a community-wide effort to provide rapid financial assistance to families and individuals affected by the January 2022 flood.

Residents whose homes have flooded can receive emergency cash assistance to help replace basic necessities such as clothing, food, hygiene and household items, etc. by calling the CommunityAction Council of Lewis, Mason & Thurston Counties at (360) 438-1100, Monday – Thursday 7:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.

United Way is accepting donations to the Emergency Assistance Fund. Donations can be made online at https://www.unitedway-thurston.org/eaf. 100% of donations made to United Way of Thurston County’s Emergency Assistance Fund will be used to provide rapid financial assistance to those impacted by the current crisis. Any remaining funds will be held to address future local emergencies.

Thurston County Emergency Management (TCEM) is asking those in areas impacted by the recent flooding to submit their initial damage assessments (IDAs), as soon as possible online at https://www.thurstoncountywa.gov/em/Pages/default.aspx or by calling TCEM at 360-867-2800. Data collected from the IDAs aids FEMA in its decision in whether or not to make a disaster declaration. A declared disaster may provide direct assistance to residents with disaster-caused, unmet needs.

Public Health and Social Services created a packet of information for safely returning to homes after a flood, available at: https://www.co.thurston.wa.us/health/ehrp/pdf/flood_related.pdf. The packet includes information on what to look for when returning home, how to safely enter homes, and what to do next. This includes cleaning-up, disease prevention, food and water safety, septic system information, reporting storm and flood damage, and tips for hiring a contractor, remodeler, or handyman.


United Way of Thurston Countyhttps://www.unitedway-thurston.org/

Harold Carr Attorney