Kitsap County Solid Waste Division is pleased to announce that Washington Department of Ecology is providing funds for a free tire collection event at the
Kitsap County Solid Waste Division is pleased to announce that Washington Department of Ecology is providing funds for a free tire collection event at the Kitsap County Fairgrounds Thunderbird Arena on Sunday, October 4, 2020 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
If you plan to bring tires to this event, please follow these instructions:
- Visitors must unload tires without assistance onto the ground in designated drop-off areas.
- Secure all tires to your vehicle with straps, cords, or chains and cover your load with a tarp or net. Unsecured loads can result in fines or jail time.
- Face coverings required while outside vehicle.
- Stay at least six feet from other visitors and staff.
For COVID-19 safety, bathrooms will be closed and event staff will not interact with visitors. If you have questions about this event, please contact us in advance at email@example.com or Kitsap1 360-337-5777.
- Limit ten (10) tires per visitor.
- Residents with tires from personal vehicles only – no businesses or organizations.
- Passenger and light truck tires only.
- Tires can be with or without rims.
If you can’t make the event, there are many tire disposal sites across the county. Visit Recycle.KitsapGov.com to find an alternative site.
Sponsored by Kitsap County Solid Waste Division and Washington Department of Ecology.