Join YWCA Olympia for Rise Against Racism, a month-long virtual challenge of learning, un-learning and reflection. Over 1 month, this free, virtual campaign will help participants learn about anti-racism, get clear
Join YWCA Olympia for Rise Against Racism, a month-long virtual challenge of learning, un-learning and reflection. Over 1 month, this free, virtual campaign will help participants learn about anti-racism, get clear on their personal, actionable anti-racism goals, and participate in a learning community focused around social justice. We will be unpacking dominant culture norms that often show up as barriers to meaningful social justice and anti-racism work. This is a powerful opportunity to plant seeds for the change that we so desperately need as a human community.
This is a free program for adults and older teens. Click “View Available Tickets” to register at https://portals.compass-360.org/Compass360WebUserServices08/org=ywcaofolympia.org/eventId=95F3CD30-AFB5-4F27-A898-56CC120AF079/request=standard
Participation will include:
– Learning material and self-guided reflection prompts, sent to you via email on Monday, Wednesday and Friday of each week starting August 10.
– We will hold a Closing Webinar for all participants on Friday, September 4th from 4:00pm – 6:00pm. The webinar will open a space for discussion around our learning journey as individuals, and share our personal action plans for accountability and relationship building.
The Nuts and Bolts:
– Participants need a Google (Gmail) account and access to the internet to access the materials. Please reach out directly if you need support setting up a Google account.
– Learning materials selected for RAR may contain viewing a short slide show, listening to a podcast, or reading a handout.
– Expect the learning materials and reflection prompts to take about 30 minutes of your time. Submitting responses to the prompted questions is part of your learning and growth experience. You will have the opportunity to engage with other participants, and also submit confidential answers.
By the end of Rise Against Racism (RAR), you will not only be better equipped to participate in dismantling racism, but you will create a personal action plan to keep you accountable to your commitment to anti-racism work.